Monday, July 7, 2008

Firsts...

This has been a week of firsts. All welcomed. We didn't get pictures to capture them all so we got some pictures of seconds.

Airplane- She actually had her first, second and third trip to the airport. We got to the airport, through security, and to the gate on Wednesday night only to volunteer to be bumped for a nice airline voucher! So back home we went and we finally got to Kansas City on Thursday. It was sad to miss a night in KC, but we think it may be worth it... Costa Rica- Here we come! She did so well on the airplanes, a world traveler was born.

Meeting Pops- Finally- the last grandparent to meet. She was very happy to meet him. They became fast friends as they talked about the important things in life.



Sleeping through the night- This may be my favorite! I woke up almost in tears on Friday morning as I realized that I had slept for 7 1/2 hours for the first time since May 19th. It was a thing of wonder that lasted for 2 nights and hasn't been repeated since. We are trying for a repeat, we will see if it is possible in Denver. If not, I think this is what would convince me to move back to Kansas City.

Trip to the PV pool- For those in Kansas City who spend days at the PV pool, you would be shocked! There are now 3 water slides, a high dive, 4 pools and a mushroom. After taking a fall down the stairs with the poor little one, I asked mom to come to the pool with Kendra, Eric and I so that I could keep one eye on her and one eye on the water slides. Although I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it, the weather was great! Hot in the sun, cool in the shade so Addy had a great nap while hanging out with Mimi. It was everything I had hoped for and planned for the summer. I hope there are many more pool days in my near future. One of the best parts- we met up with Stacy, Alex and Hutch at the pool.





Smiles- The first big smile I got out of Adelynd was at the Harvard Gulch pool last week when Hanna, Scott and I went. She is such a serious girl I was happy to see a good smile. The pool will bring it out in you for sure. Then over the week in Kansas City there were smiles galore. She was happy to be home and gave Eric his first smile while sitting on the couch. Although not her first smile, this is the first one caught on camera.



Forth of July- She celebrated the independence of the United States in style. There were quite the festivities at Grandma and Grandpa's house with lots of new friends and neighbors. Grandpa got over his poison ivy and was finally able to hold her. She got to meet the whole crew!


1 comment:

Hanna said...

So many firsts for such a little girl.....keep up the good work Adelynd! Mer, thanks for the great updates and pictures. Sounds like vacation in KC is treating you all very well. We have missed you in Denver though. Your plants say hi by the way and are thriving on their own little vacation. See you soon!